Noodles are a key part of the Ramen experience. Good noodles add both flavour and texture to the delicious broth.
Like the rest of the Ramen world there are many different varieties of noodles and, of course, no strict recipe that one should adhere to.
However, I was surprised to learn that making amazing homemade noodles can be incredibly easy. I found this recipe to be easy to follow and very quickly I was enjoying my first taste of homemade noodles.
10 minutes to make dough
1 hour cooling
15 minutes to make the noodles
1.5 Cups of Flour
1 Tablespoon Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon Salt
0.25 Cups of Water
A Mixing Bowl
- Combine the Flour, Salt, and Baking Soda in the Mixing Bowl. Ensure thoroughly mixed using a fork
- Add the Egg and the Water to the Mixing Bowl, stirring them into the Flour mixture
- Knead the resultant dough until firm
- Clingfilm the dough and place in the fridge for a minimum of an hour
- Remove the dough from fridge and cut into thirds
- Roll the dough through the Pasta Maker, progressively lowering the gap
- When you have a thickness that you are happy with use the noodle implement to divide the dough into noodles
- Dust the noodles in flour to prevent them sticking together
- To cook – place noodles in boiling water and cook to taste (should be around 1 minute)